It’s been said that great pictures depend more on the photographer than the equipment.
That’s true but only to an extent: All of the the art can easily be lost if the equipment doesn’t accurately reflect the artist’s vision, breaks down, or is not capable of enduring the wear and tear that an active photographer subjects the equipment to during an event.
Thanks to the technology of the day, many customers are somewhat versed in camera technology and frequently ask us for our gear list. We use Canon bodies and lenses; we carry backup equipment, including plenty of power, batteries, stands, etc.
Our updated equipment list
My camera outfit contains:
- Canon 5D Mark III Full Frame Professional Primary Body
- Canon 5D Mark II Full Frame Professional Primary Body (x2)
- Canon 5D Full Frame Professional Backup Body
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Lens (wedding ceremony images)
- Canon EF 24mm F/1.4L II USM Wide Angle Lens (large wedding groups, ceremony & reception hall images)
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Wide Angle Zoom Lens (wedding ceremony, reception party images)
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Ultra Wide Angle Lens (medium wedding groups, reception party images)
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Prime Portrait Lens (small wedding groups, bride & groom portrait images)
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Detail Lens (wedding dress, rings, flowers, decorations & cake details)
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Prime Portrait Lens (all purpose images of the wedding day)
My portable lighting outfit contains:
- Switronix Dimmable 5600k LED Portrait/Ceremony Video Light Fixture (x4)
- Canon 580EX-RT Speedlite Reception Lighting Fixture (x3)
- Quantum Turbo Compact Battery Power Pack (x3)
- Canon ST-E3-RT Speedlite Transmitter Control Unit
- Frezzolini MFK 50 Watt On-Camera Reception Light with Mini Fill Lamp Fixture (x2)
- Westcott and California Sunbounce reflectors and diffusers (Outside Groups and Portraits)
- PhotoVision, X-Rite, and Lastolite digital calibration targets